Meath Homeless Information Service
In June 2018, Meath Partnership’s Social Inclusion Community Activation Programme undertook an action based research initiative to identify access pathways to the range of housing, accommodation and support options available to people who are homeless or who are at risk of homelessness in County Meath.
The results from the research led to the development of the Meath Homeless Information Service which is concerned with developing a community response to helping people who are in need, particularly those who are homeless or who are at risk of homelessness.
1 to 1 supports around:
- Early intervention and prevention of homelessness
- Tenancy sustainment
- Form filling and applications
- Property searches and preparation for viewings
- Accompanying to appointments
- Liaising with other agencies on your behalf
- Signposting and referral to other support services
- Support with training and education needs
- Life coaching and counselling
- Life Skills and Life Coaching
- The BOND (Begin Our New Day) Project for young adults who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
CPD for Professionals:
- Past training includes - Alcohol Related Brain Damage, Introduction to Hoarding Disorders, Drug Related Intimidation Reporting Training, LGBTI Awareness Training, Self-Care and Compassion Fatigue.
What happens if i become homeless or i am at risk of homelessness
You must present to Meath County Council’s Homeless Services as soon as possible where an assessment will be made of your housing needs and supports will be offered through the Resettlement Service. Contact the Homeless Service Unit directly at 046-9097297. Opening Hours: 9am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm (Monday to Friday).
If i am aged 18 or under, who do i contact?
If you are homeless or at risk of homelessness and are under 18 years of age you need to contact your local Tusla office. If contacting after 5pm (i.e. the local area health office is closed), you need to go to your local Garda Station and the Gardaí will contact the on-duty Social Worker for the Tusla Area so that emergency accommodation and supports can be arranged.
How to access the Meath Homeless Information Service
You can contact Sarah Smyth, Programme Implementer for the Meath Homeless Information Service, on 085 862 2030 or email email@example.com